You will need:
- image editing software, e.g. Photoshop, I used MS Digital Image.
- the font you like
- According to my experience, you might take a while to find your favourite font. You can search your free font online. There are many options and they will tell you how to install them into your PC after downloading.
- Now we have the font, it's getting easy then. In your software, 'Create' a new file and 'Insert text'. Edit it to proper size to suit your blog. You can right click my side bar title to check the 'properties' and find out the 'dimensions'. The tip here is not to make big height, or else it won't look nice with big margin between the title and the text.
- Once it's done, save the file as .jpg or even .gif if you want.
- Upload the file as a picture to flickr or somewhere similar.
- Get the HTML link. If you use flickr, open the picture, click 'all sizes' menu, the first option of 'Copy and paste this HTML into your webpage' is what you need.
- Then you can 'add a gadget' to add the html just right above the sidebar.